Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Visit Schedule At Rikers

The first issue

little over a year after my first "contact" with Zagor, on a hot summer afternoon, I went with my mum from my greengrocer country that had also newsagent's license (ah, the good old days ...) and there I asked to acquisitive a comic book.
My mom asked the lady in the store that there were comics that might be suitable for an eight year old like me ... The lady picks up by shelving behind a register and a register of the Captain Mark of Zagora and showed them to me ... Perhaps remembering my first "meeting" than a year before or maybe just because fascinated by the strange name of the character, I had no doubts ... and chose Zagor!
It was called of the register "The Curious Mister Smith," which ended in an adventure designed by Ferri Gallienus (the one that gave the title dawn) and start a new one designed by Frank Donatelli ("Paradise Gate"). Both stories were written by Guido Nolitta (I only discovered many years later that it was the nom de plume Sergio Bonelli) and the fortune he had wished that I could see in one the two major comic artists in the series ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment