Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blood Blisters After Flossing Teeth

difficult piece ...

I mentioned that when I was small, the collections of comic strips were "manufactured" by the oldest trade system: bartering with friends and acquaintances. This system quite "closed", of course, did not allow a particular supply of parts and "material" ...
fact in the mid-'70s, in addition to the previously mentioned No 1, there were other "pieces" particularly (and inexplicably, I might add) are difficult to find, both in the edition Zenith Written in the Red : n. 6 ("The broken lance"), no 33 ("House of Terror") and no 67 ("The King of Eagles") seemed to have disappeared from circulation ...


The recovery of these pieces was, for my part, usually accidental: I recovered during the first middle school, by the brother of one of my classmate, the second through the old aunt a friend, the third from my barber of confidence ... Other pieces were inexplicably hard to find nos. 4 and 10 ("Yellow Raven" and "Dance of the Dark"): they were the ones that made me finally complete the collection, but I could find through a friend of the family only in 1977!


0 comments:

Post a Comment