Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grout Sealer, With Teflon

Tribute

Before continuing the narrative of events relating to my passion Zagor, I want to give a fitting tribute to two people who have had to do with me and my comic Zagor, getting a little 'special "...
The first of these people is my father, Frank, that picture you saw in the previous post with an old photo of me in 1971.
Meanwhile, it should be remembered that the dark picture of me that his factory, with the handle of an old disused hammer and a stone that we went looking and found the bank of a river ...
addition, although a child can not remember having ever seen reading comic books (as opposed to my mother, Angela, and my sister, Anna, so that fueled my passion, but soon it away) I remember perfectly, however, that in the last years of his life (now retired from his job as grocery store worker) read my entire collection of Zagor, Tex and Mr. No. ..
remember that I made them recover from the comic book store 10 at a time, and in moments of freedom from housework to help my mother and the cultivation of his orchard in the house, if you read all your time. And when he had finished, one of the first things I said when I came home from work was: "Look at those who've finished ...", implying that I should get him another. Then I carried over into the cellar and those who had read him that ten new numbers ...
Shortly before his departure from this world, due to a fulminant leukemia that took him away in a week, had come to read 437 Tex, Zagor, Mister No 253 and 385 ...
But I am convinced that where he is now, every so often, take a look with pleasure to new stories and zagoriani texiane ...
So long, daddy!


The second person I want to remember is a dear childhood friend , bearing my same name. I met him and I knew the first day in first grade and since then is probably the only friend of those days in which they are still in daily contact.
has never been a collector of comics, but in the last 70 years with him I actually reread the entire series from No. Zagor 1 to n. 153. When we were at my house, part of the afternoon was devoted to reading aloud Zagor, sitting in a side by side, a page-to-head! I remember that I read the odd pages, and he even, so that - being engaged in reading the left page - His eyes could not linger too much too soon and find out later on the rest of the story ...
I also remember the laughter that was made for gags Cico and slapping sound that gave me on the leg for the big laugh that was ...
After 1978 this pleasant habit of reading our "two" was lost ... We grew up, the common interests had changed and the vicissitudes of life did not allow us to see us so often ...
But even today on the occasion of his birthday or Christmas, do not ever miss a gift from me Zagora (Oscar Mondadori, a cartoon, a monograph ...).
Hello, Mark, see you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment